Today, you will learn about Crossbow Enchantments in Minecraft. You can use the table of contents above to navigate quickly.
Be sure to share this article with your friends or family if you find this article useful. Sharing buttons are located below the article. Thank you very much.
So, here are the Crossbow Enchantments
Curse of Vanishing
Curse of Vanishing is one of the curse Enchantment in Minecraft. What this Enchantment does is that your Crossbow will disappear instead of dropping on the ground when you die.
You surely don’t want this Enchantment.
Note: Curse of Vanishing can only be found inside a Chest, and you can’t get this Enchantment from the Enchanting Table.
Curse of Vanishing has only 1 level and compatible with other Enchantments.
Mending can increase your Crossbow durability by using XP you collected. To make it work, you must hold your Crossbow while collecting the XP.
Mending has only 1 level and incompatible with Infinity (Bow’s Enchantment).
Multishot allowing you to shot 3 Arrows at one shot, but it decreases the Crossbow durability faster.
- Tipped/Spectral Arrows and Fireworks also work with Multishot.
- The Arrows spread out at about 10°.
- You only need 1 Arrow to shot 3 Arrows.
- Only Arrow in the middle can be collected.
Multishot has only 1 level and incompatible with Piercing.
Piercing allowing every shot from Crossbow to pierce through entities (mobs or players) and shield. How many entities that Crossbow can be Piercing through is equal to the Enchantment level of Piercing itself.
- Level 1 = 1 target, Level 2 = +2 targets, Level 3 = +3 targets, and Level 4 = +4 targets
- Tipped and Spectral Arrows are collectible after shot(!), which makes them infinite. One of the advantages of using Piercing Enchantment.
- When you shot Tipped or Spectral Arrows, make sure you collect it back. Since the Arrow pierce through entities, the location of the Arrow sometimes a bit far from the entities themselves, So make sure you find it.
Piercing has 4 Levels and incompatible with Multishot.
Quick Charge makes reloading Crossbow faster than before. It applies to all kinds of Arrows and Fireworks.
Quick Charge level 3 reload time is the same as Bow reload time.
Quick Charge has 3 Levels and compatible with other Enchantments.
Unbreaking increases the durability of your Crossbow. Any other enchantable item can also have Unbreaking.
Unbreaking has levels from 1 – 3 and compatible with other Enchantments.
Which Crossbow Enchantments should you pick?
Based on their effect and compatibilities, these are the Enchantment you should pick:
Mending + Piercing + Quick Charge + Unbreaking
Well, choosing the Enchantment for Crossbow is not hard. There are only 6 Enchantments, one of them is negative Enchantment, and there are only 2 Enchantments that incompatible with each other.
Multishot Vs. Piercing
If you asked me, I would go for Piercing because of its ability to pierce through entities and shield. Also, Piercing makes Tipped and Spectral Arrow collectible. Just imagine you could use Arrow of Harming to kill mobs and then collect it again to kill the other.
Picking Quick Charge is undoubtedly useful. A faster reload for Crossbow will help you all the time.
Mending and Unbreaking
Having both Enchantments makes your precious Crossbow stays in good shape for the long-term.
Well, finding those Enchantments might be hard for you, so here are my tips:
- Before you enchant your Crossbow, make sure the Enchanting Table is fully optimized (properly surrounded by Bookshelves).
- Try to enchant books instead. Books give you more Enchantments to choose from.
- Try XP farming in Dungeon or Nether Fortress.
- Try Mine Nether Quartz. It has many XP compared to ore blocks.
Keep in mind, that all this just my suggestion to pick Enchantments that I think great for Crossbow. You can still select Crossbow Enchantments the way you want. It’s up to you.
I hope this post helps you to understand Crossbow Enchantments. For more guides like this, see Item Enchantments Guide. Thank you for reading the article.