Today, you will learn about the Witch in Minecraft. You can use the table of contents above to navigate quickly.
Be sure to share this article with your friends or family if you find this article useful. Sharing buttons are located below the article. Thank you very much.
Witch is a hostile mob that throws harmful potions to hurt the player. Witches are dangerous. They can deal very much damage to the player and even weaken the player. Witches could heal themselves if they got hurt too. It would make Witch tougher to fight.
They usually throw Splash Potion of Slowness to the player (so they can chase the player) and then throw Potion of Poison, which will be severe if the player doesn’t run immediately.
Sometimes they can even throw Splash Potion of Weakness (to weaken the player’s melee damage) or Splash Potion of Harming to give the player instant damage.
Witches spawn in dark places, especially during the night, just like Zombies and Skeletons.
Witches have their own generated structure called Witch Hut, and they spawn in it too. Witch Hut is only generated in the Swamp biome. On the inside, you can found a Black Cat, the Witch itself, a Crafting Table, and a Cauldron (it may have a Potion in it if you play on Minecraft Bedrock).
They can also spawn in a Raid. In the Java Edition of Minecraft, Witch will be spawn on wave 3. On the other hand, in Minecraft Bedrock, Witch will spawn on wave 4. If a Villager (or baby Villager) got struck by lightning, it becomes a Witch. Witches cannot burn under the sunlight.
Witch HP (hit points) or health is 26 (13 Hearts).
Witch’s damage (even if you wearing armor):
Splash Potion of Poison for 44 seconds. It cost you 1 (a half heart) damage per 1.25 second. But the effect would stop when your health is 1 (a half heart).
Splash Potion of Harming can deal with 6 (3 hearts) damage.
Since Witch can heal itself, the hits/attacks are varies based on how fast you attack the Witch and what kind of weapon you use.
Witch Drop Items
Witches usually drop brewing-related items or even the Potions. To get better drop items and multiply the drop items, try to use Looting Enchantment for Sword.
There are some chances that Witch may drop these items:
- Potion of Fire Resistance (rare)
- Glass bottles
- Potion of Swiftness (rare)
- Spider Eye
- Glowstone Dust
- Potion of Healing (rare)
- Potion of Water Breathing (rare)
Since Witch has a different kind of drop item, many Minecraft players built a “Witch farming machine” where you can farm Witch automatically.
Tips For Fighting The Witch
Here are some tips to fight the Witch:
1. Try to attack faster. Since the Witch can’t attack while drinking a healing potion, you can use that opportunity to attack. But make sure you kill the Witch before the Witch throws you harmful potions.
2. Bring a Bucket of Milk with you. It would help you a lot, since you may get Slowed or Poisoned. It’s so important to get rid of those status effects. Note: The Witch may throw you another splash potion again after you drink the milk, so be careful.
4. Hold Totem of Undying. Since fighting Witches can be tough, especially if there are other mobs like Skeleton, Zombies, or Pillager on the Raid. Use Totem of Undying to resurrect you if anything goes wrong. But remember, using Totem of Undying also means sacrificing the ability to hold a Shield. Use it at the right time.
5. Use a stronger weapon. With a stronger weapon, you deal more damage and make the game easier. Also, try to Enchant it too.
So that’s all the guides for Witch in Minecraft. For more guides like this, see Mob Guides. Thank you for reading the article.